Aussie Indoor Sports Futsal Leagues is an established commercial provider of 5-a-side amateur indoor soccer (futsal) competitions, operating eight leagues in inner Melbourne; Prahran, Footscray, Elwood, Mount Waverley, Clayton, Avondale Heights, Ivanhoe East and Vermont.
The company was established in 2006, as Australian soccer rode a wave of popularity linked to the national team’s good performance at the 2006 World Cup. Aussie Indoor Sports has quickly established a strong presence in the Melbourne soccer community, as evidenced by the popularity of its seven indoor soccer leagues:
- Footscray League: the company’s initial entry into the indoor soccer market and has quickly established a reputation as one of Melbourne’s best-run competitions. Using the facilities of Footscray City College, the competition hosts four divisions with Mixed matches held on Monday nights and Men’s leagues operating on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
- Elwood League : in 2007, the company capitalized on its success in Footscray by opening a new league using the facilities of Elwood College. The Elwood League hosts two Men’s divisions with matches held on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
- Prahran League : in 2008, the company started a new league using the facilities at the Orrong Romanis Recreation Centre. The Prahran League has also proven to be popular with indoor soccer players, with teams competing in Mixed and Men’s leagues on Sunday evenings across two courts.
- Mt Waverley League : in 2009, Aussie Indoor Sports started a new league using the facilities of Mt Waverley Secondary College. The Mt Waverley league hosts two divisions with Men’s matches held on Monday nights and a Mixed leagues operating on Thursday evenings.
- Clayton League : in 2010, we started a new league using the facilities of Westall Secondary College. A Men’s competition is held on Tuesday nights.
- Avondale Heights League: began in in October 2010, using the facilities of the newly refurbished Avondale Heights Recreation Centre. The $7 million upgraded centre hosts a Men’s league on Monday and Sunday nights.
- Ivanhoe East League: will begin in 2013, using the newly built facilities at Ivanhoe East Primary School. This venue will host a Mixed League on Sunday nights.
- Vermont League: will also begin in 2013, using the facilities at Vermont Secondary College. This venue will also host a Mixed League on Sunday nights.
What are Aussie Indoor Sports’ Futsal Leagues’ Goals and Objectives?
Aussie Indoor Sports Futsal Leagues’ corporate motto is ‘where fitness meets fun’. This reflects the company’s commitment to offering the proven product of an indoor soccer competition in a friendly environment. Our aim is to provide teams with an opportunity to test themselves against other teams, thus improving their fitness and skills in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Aussie Indoor Sports’ key goals are:
- development of high-quality amateur indoor soccer leagues throughout inner Melbourne;
- provide high quality customer service to players
- promote the game of indoor soccer (futsal) in inner Melbourne; and
- supporting not for profit, community programs promoting indoor soccer (futsal) in Melbourne.
What makes Aussie Indoor Sports successful?
- professional management;
- highest level of commitment to player safety;
- strong relationships with sports venues;
- experienced and qualified futsal referees
- depth of competition;
- highest level of customer service to current and prospective players;
- frequently updated website. Fixtures and results are updated within 24 hours of a game being played;
- growth in the popularity of soccer, particularly indoor soccer; and
- reinvesting back in the community to promote Indoor Soccer in Melbourne. We support not for profit community programs including the ‘Street Socceroos’ Homeless World Cup Campaign and the Black Saturday Bushfire Appeal
Want to register a futsal team?
If you are interested in starting an indoor soccer team at one of our venues or wish to express individual interest to play in one, simply click below to register:
Want to find out more? Call George on 0411 787 999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org